Samstag, 14. Januar 2012

Self-marketing

When I started this blog, it was really just for me.
To keep me on track.
The force me to write.
Really? Well - actually - to give me a bad conscience when I do write, as I "promised" myself and told people I would write almost daily.
Which makes it okay to write every other day, but if I do not do at least that, I feel bad.
Oh my God, these are the real confessions!
Feeling guilty about not doing something that I speak about since my childhood as my holy grail?!
I groan at the thought.
And get embarassed.

Fast forward to several weeks of having started writing on my books and writing this blog quite intensely:
I now post every new entry to my Facebook page.
I have started sending emails to people not or  rarely on Facebook to check-out my blog.
I have just asked my blog to be added to a list of blogs on a writers'  page.
For me this is - WOW!
I am actually going from imaginary grey-mouse to self-marketing?!
Amazing.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen